Kick off American Heart Month by celebrating National Wear Red Day® with the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women® Movement
Wear red to support the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women on Friday, Feb. 7 2020
KANSAS CITY — The American Heart Association, the leading voluntary health organization devoted to a world of longer, healthier lives, together with its Go Red for Women movement, are asking for your support by participating in National Wear Red Day: We are also asking for community members to wear red and give back to our campaign throughout the month.
Why go red? Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women, taking more lives than all forms of cancer combined. Someone you know and love may be affected – at any age. Heart disease and stroke claim the lives of 1 in 3 women – a third of our mothers, sisters and friends. It’s time to change this fact.
While nearly 80 percent of cardiac events can be prevented through education and lifestyle changes, cardiovascular diseases continue to be a woman’s greatest health threat. To treat, beat and prevent heart disease and stroke, women should understand family health history, know their five key personal health numbers to help determine risk and make healthy behavior changes like moving more, eating smart and managing blood pressure.
Making a commitment to wear red and give throughout the month of February is easy:
- Wear red and post on social media
- Tag us! @AHAKansasCity (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) and use #KCGoesRed
- Go to www.heart.org/wrd
- Make a donation
About Go Red for Women
The American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women® movement is the trusted, passionate, relevant force for change to end heart disease and stroke in women all over the world. While nearly 80 percent of cardiac events can be prevented, cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in women, claiming the lives of 1 in 3 women. For 15 years, Go Red for Women has provided a platform for women to come together, raise awareness, fund lifesaving research, advocate for change and improve the lives of all women everywhere. The American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women movement is nationally sponsored by CVS Health, with additional support from national cause supporters. Connect with us on GoRedforWomen.org, Facebook, Twitter or by calling 1-888-MY-HEART (1- 888-694-3278).
Visit WearRedDay.org for more information.
Follow us on social media @AHAKansasCity.
Ready-to-Use Messages for Social Media!
Just copy and paste
• It’s National Wear Red Day! I’m joining @AHAKansasCity by wearing RED to raise awareness against heart disease which kills approximately one woman every minute. #KCGoesRed
• Change can be the cure. Raise Awareness for heart disease & stroke! Support @AHAKansasCity and wear RED today-National Wear Red Day! #KCGoesRed
• Heart disease and stroke kill 1 in 3 women, yet it’s 80% preventable. #KCGoesRed #WearRedandGive #WearRedDay
• When it comes to beating heart diseases and stroke, change can be the cure. Make a change at www.goredforwomen.org! #KCGoesRed #WearRedandGive #WearRedDay
• 90% of women have one or more risk factors for heart disease or stroke. Make an appointment today to learn your risk. #KCGoesRed #WearRedandGive #WearRedDay
• FACT: More women than men have died each year from heart disease & stroke. Take a stand by wearing RED on Feb. 7! #KCGoesRed #WearRedandGive #WearRedDay