Hot 103 Jamz Music Submission Policy
Thanks for your interest in delivering Hot 103 Jamz with a potential new hit!
If you would like to submit music to Hot 103 Jamz in consideration for airplay, you need to follow our guidelines:
- • Music submitted must be of broadcast quality and fully mastered.
- • Music submitted must be properly edited for broadcast, including the exclusion of defamatory, profane, indecent or obscene material. Radio edit. No cursing. The Carter Broadcast Group has to follow the FCC
- • With regard to musical work performance rights for our stations, the Carter Broadcast Group holds non-dramatic public performance licenses with ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC You music must be registered with one of these organizations. If not, your music will be disqualified for any consideration of airplay.
- • The Carter Broadcast Group streams Hot 103 Jamz over the internet, by submitting music for consideration, submitting entities and individuals represent and warrant that submitted music has been registered with SoundExchange. Alternatively, if you are not a member of SoundExchange, you represent and warrant that you hold these rights personally and grant KPRS-FM the right to stream your material on a non-interactive, non-subscription basis.
- • Your music must be copyright.
- • For airplay detection, your music must be registered with BDS and Mediabase.
- • Music submitted will not be returned.
- • Carter Broadcast Group does not sell or barter access to its programmers.
- • One music single can be submitted via mp3 format only. If you submit more than one single, you submission will be considered spam and automatically disqualify any consideration for review.
- • If submitting a CD single, it must have a label including artist name, song title, contact name, contact phone number email address. CD single must be mailed to:
Attn: Programming Department/Music Submission
Hot 103 Jamz/KPRS-FM
Carter Broadcast Group
11131 Colorado Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64137
- • Only ONE song from an artist can be submitted.
- • By submitting a song, you warrant that the song is your original work, you own any and all rights in it, and it does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third parties.
Hot 103 Jamz willingness to accept submissions does not imply or guarantee airplay or any feedback. All decisions are made by our Hot 103 Jamz programming department, with possible additional input from local sales, streaming shares and views and other third-party research.
Programming decisions and music selections are made on a non-discriminatory basis.
Please understand due to the volume of submissions, you will only get a response from Hot 103 Jamz, if there is interest in or questions regarding the one submitted song (in other words, we’re apologizing in advance that a majority of submissions will receive no response at all from Hot 103 Jamz due to the sheer number of submissions we receive).
Thank you for submitting your music! Supporting local music, we are Hot 103 Jamz! Good luck!